The Rank Hovis/ Clarence Flour Mill in Hull opened in 1891 closed December 2005. The silo is mostly the original Victorian build, designed by W. Alfred Gelder of Hull. The rest of the original mill was destroyed in 1940 during the war (Hull was very heavily bombed) the mill as it is today was built around the remainder of the old silo in the 1950s, currently the mill sits proudly on the riverbank as reminder of Hull’s former position as the second largest milling centre in the kingdom. The currently proposed development will feature a larger 85m 23 storey tower. The Rank name is responsible for products such as Hovis, Bisto, Mr Kipling, Paxo and many more.
some interesting links: